top of page

How to bring a charge of custodial interference to Florida to enforce a temporary order from another state when the child is a Florida resident

If you are looking to bring a charge of custodial interference in Florida to enforce a temporary order from another state when the child is a resident of Florida, there are specific steps you can take. Here's a general guide on how to address this situation:

1. Consult with an Attorney: The first step is to consult with a family law attorney in Florida who has experience handling custody and interstate child custody matters. They can provide you with legal advice tailored to your specific situation.

2. File a Petition: Your attorney can help you file a petition in a Florida court seeking enforcement of the temporary custody order from another state. This petition should outline the details of the temporary order and the custodial interference that has occurred.

3. Provide Evidence: You will need to provide evidence to support your case, such as a copy of the temporary custody order from the other state, documentation of the custodial interference in Florida, and any other relevant information.

4. Attend Court Hearings: Once the petition is filed, there will likely be court hearings where both parties can present their arguments. It is essential to attend these hearings and follow the court's instructions.

5. Enforcement Actions: If the court determines that custodial interference has occurred, they may take enforcement actions to ensure compliance with the temporary custody order. This could include modifying the existing custody arrangement, ordering the return of the child, or imposing penalties on the interfering parent.

6. Cooperate with Authorities: Be prepared to cooperate with law enforcement authorities and court officials during the enforcement process. Follow all court orders and provide any necessary information or assistance to facilitate the resolution of the matter.

7. Follow Legal Advice: Throughout the process, it is crucial to follow the legal advice provided by your attorney. They will guide you on the best course of action to enforce the temporary custody order and protect the rights of the child.

Dealing with interstate child custody matters can be complex, so having a knowledgeable attorney by your side can make a significant difference in ensuring a positive outcome.



bottom of page